Re: A Problem on Macromedia Flash Player 7 for FC1

On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 10:54, Green wrote:
> Thank you for your reports that flash-plugin 7.0 works fine.
>
> As for me, it  does not, indeed on my desktop PC. I installed this Flash 7.0
> by 'apt-get upgrade.
>
> Then I removed flash-plugin 7.0 by 'apt-get remove' and
> re-installed this by APT, but situation did not improved.
> At the same time, I tested flash-plugin 7.0 on another notebook PC. The
> result was quite similar to the desktop PC.
>
> So far, there is no good idea for me to solve this matter, I expect an
> update release. Thanks.
>
> Green.

Add this to your yum.conf file:

/etc/yum.conf

[flash]
name=Flash Plugin $releasever - $basearch - Flash
baseurl=http://sluglug.ucsc.edu/macromedia/apt/fedora/2/

yum check-update

yum install flash*

When I installed it, it put the update in the mozilla 1.6 plugins
directory without any interaction from me except accepting the license
agreement.

I am not sure what else I can tell you.  You can always try and find the
plugin on the hard drive and make a symbolic link to your mozilla
folder.

I am not sure what repository you used, I know the one I listed above
worked really well for me and it is supported under apt-get also.

http://macromedia.mplug.org/

Gerald