Re: How are data DVDs written under FC1 ?

On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 07:30, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
> Greetings  Everybody ,
>
> I wanted to ask how can someone write a data dvd under Fedora Core 1 .
> Am familiar with cdrecord and mkisofs as far as writting cds is concerned .
> I know that there is a command called dvdrecord which seems to work like
> cdrecord . But am rather uncertain on how to create a 4,5 GB  ISO image
> in order to
> feed it to dvdrecord to do the writing . Does anyone have any
> hints/examples ?
>
> Thank you in advance for your time
>
> Kind Regards,
>     Kostas

You can make the iso the same way you do for CD's, but instead of
dvdrecord (broken for iso's over "100 minutes") use the command:

# growisofs -Z /dev/scd0=your_very_own.iso

growisofs is actually a wrapper to mkisofs, so you can skip the
middleman of creating an iso first, and just feed (most of) mkisofs
options to growisofs to write directly to disk. growisofs has a man page
now, so you can get details there.

--
Chris Kloiber