Gpilotd and synaptics touchpad kernel questions

Hello list,

I had working and still have, if I boot to Knoppix or to XP, Synaptics
touchpad but I have not managed to get it work under kernel 2.6.5
Neither Mandrake 10 or FC 2 recognized it's existence during
installation nor does recompilation of kernel with CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2=y
help. The pad remains undetected and non functional. Of course synpatics
driver does not load as it is unable to detect the pad
(CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV is a default for FC-kernel). Do you think that
downloading 2.6.6 kernel source and compiling it would help to get it
work? It takes foreever to compile kernel and the space is very tight.

Another thing that stopped completely working is gpilotd. I can sync
with j-pilot or do backups/restores/install with pilot-xfer but gpilotd
just does not talk to the pilot. Any ideas what I could do to get it
work?

The laptop is Medion MD7409 or (FD2020+++) a model that probably was not
sold anywhere else than in Finland.

--
Mauri.Sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   	+358 44 5229238
http://www.claymountain.com/~mos/