Re: FC-2 laptop question

On Sat, 29 May 2004, Robert Spangler wrote:

On Fri May 28 2004 07:26, Cam wrote:

> I installed it on my Dell Latitude CPx J750GT, and I love it. One thing
> though - it appears that none of my function keys work. I know that X
> thinks I have a 101-key keyboard - which is wrong - I have an 87-key
> keyboard. I don't know if that's related to the problem or not though.
>
> I'd really like to get things like the suspend key, and the
> brightness/contrast keys working.

 Congratulations - I've been searching for laptop successes on FC2 and
 found few.

I installed FC2 on my IBM Thinkpad 600x last night and the function keys are working here without having to fiddle with anything.

Thats because the kernel detects the bios is too old - and loads APM (not ACPI). And Fn-F4 suspend and other functions work with APM without any extra configuration.

Satish