losing .so files

Hello,

I am coming up with a problem that I have been running into more and more often. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong every time or what, just don't understand.

The issue I am coming up with quite often, is that Linux starts to loose shared librarys. To be more specific, right away the system works perfectly; knowing where all the shared librarys that is installed is. Then slowly and progressively, starts complaining that it can't find a random shared library. It keeps on getting worse and worse, loosing the location of more and more of them. It isn't really loosing them in the sense that they aren't on they system. As like this time around for me, yum is saying that it can't find "lib-org-apache-bcel-5.0.so". I was checking the web for a possible location where is it, and maybe reinstall the package. I say it is most times installed in the /usr/lib/ directory. Doing "ls /usr/lib/lib-org-apache-bc*" results with "/usr/lib/lib-org-apache-bcel-5.0.so"; the exact file I am supposedly missing. From remembering that most times that directory is automaticaly checked, when you run ldconfig. After running that, yum still complains I am missing that same file. I have tried on other times when this has happened, to copy that file around, to pretty much every single folder I can find; and still doesn't releave the problem. This problem is not has also been happening on me on other distro's too, including other versions on kernels. I have even got it go to the point, where the system has even lost the a main rpm library. I don't remember that exact name off hand. I just installed this copy just about 5 days, so it hasn't been too long on this around. I would really like to keep this os for more then a month this time around. Any ideas on how to fix this? I haven't checked the rpm database yet, I am planning to check that tomorrow after work.

Chris T.