Direct Access to floppy/CD

Hi,

I understood that with FC2, some people have direct access to floppy and cd
rom
by just double-clicking the Computer icon on the desktop.
When i click the computer icon on the desktop I see only 2 icons
"Filesystem" and "Network"
is it normal ?

Moreover my fstab does not contain any floppy or cd entry. Normal ?

Note that i had to install with the ''noprobe" option.

Any idea ?

Marc