RE: RHGB issues (was What is "rhgb" on the grub, kernel line?)

Hi,

> And as a home user who left windows behind (in part) because they
> were always hiding information from me. I'd be VERY frustrated with
> that long blank wait... And like somebody said, it can be disquieting
> when you can't see whats happening.

I rebooted my system with ctrl-alt-del twice before I found out the
screen was _supposed_ to be blank for a while when booting.  After
running Linux for about 10 years not seeing the kernel start up was very
shocking at first :)

Bye,
Sander.