Re: FC-2 laptop question

Cam wrote:

Check your /var/log/acpid file to see if you are getting acpi events but are not handling them. That may cover the suspend key but not function keys (do you mean F1-F12 keyboard function keys or non-standard hard buttons eg. mail, web, volume etc)?

Suspend, volume up, volume down, volume mute, brightness up, brightness down, contrast up, contrast down, crt/lcd ... not all are acpi event driven.

I had to remove the default sample.conf file from /etc/acpi/events and put in a lid.conf and sleep.conf to properly support the lid action and the suspend button.

Ah, I see. I'll have to do that too. One question: what command should I have it run for a lid event, or a suspend button event, and so on? Is there a manpage that says what commands are available to use when an event is received?

	-ste