Re: FC2 and DPMS

Olaf Mueller wrote:

> Dave Ulrick wrote:
>
>> Has anyone figured out any way with FC2 and/or xorg to configure DPMS
> The line "/usr/X11R6/bin/xset dpms 61 63 65 &" in /etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0
> and the line "/usr/X11R6/bin/xset dpms 3600 3610 3620 &"
> in /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession does it for me.

I don't think you understand the problem. There is a bug that only manifests
itself when you use KDE, where DPMS activates while the user is actually
using the computer, i.e. moving the mouse or typing.

In my case, the screen blanks 30 minutes after logging in, and again 10
minutes later - even though I've been sitting there using the machine all
the time. I have DPMS set to standby after 60 minutes.

xset q gives:

  Standby: 3600    Suspend: 0    Off: 0
  DPMS is Enabled
  Monitor is On

Setting values in the KDE Control Centre simply changes the values that are
returned when you type xset q, so I doubt it'll make any difference whether
this method or your suggested one are used to set the DPMS timeout.

Jonathan