Re: about WiFi cards

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Denny Figuerres wrote:

Hi all, I have been a user of RedHat retail packages for a *LONG* time . I
still have CD packages for 5.xx redhat.

In 8.xx I had no problem with a Microsoft mn-520 PCMCIA card, just had to
edit a config file and it worked.

With Fedora Core 1 and 2 it's broke!

> Can anyone explain what has happened?

Same laptop, same card, the only difference is a newer version of Linux.

Do I have to go get the Linux-wlan-ng packages to deal with this?

Is there some deep reason that a working driver was broke?

Just trying to understand the problem before I start downloading stuff and
spending time compiling and editing etc..

What driver was used with this card in RHL8? And what config files did you edit?

I'm guessing it was orinoco_cs and this driver is present in FC1 and
FC2. I have a Lucent Silver card - which works with this driver on
both FC1 & FC2.

Satish