Re: Install hangs at logo after running anaconda

Reserved IRQ #3 in the BIOS and disabled serial port 1. Now it just changes what IRQ it's disabling at the end (#9 during the GUI install, #4 during the text attempt). Tried "linux text reiserfs noacpi nofb". Also tried disabling the Legacy USB in the BIOS. No change.

Here's a repost of the specs since I seem to have removed them in snipping the size of this.

Asus A7V600-X mobo
Maxtor SATA HD
1GB Kingston RAM
SB Audigy2
ATI Radeon 9600Pro

Shaun Carter wrote:

Is the "Disabling IRQ #3" causing any problems? Is there something in the BIOS I can change to get around this?

shaungcarter@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

k, ran 'linux text' and 'linux reiserfs text', here's what I get
running anaconda
probing for video card type
VESA
probing for monitor type
E70fb-3 pass
probing for mouse type
generic 3 button PS/2
disabled irq #3

At which point, everything stops, no errors. Unable to CTRL-ALT-Fn to another screen, can't type any characters either.

Try installing using 'linux text'...
Good Luck,
James Kosin

First off, sorry about the munged thread header, can't reply from Thunderbird here at work. Only through a web interface, next one will

be

inside the thread, promise.

Second, thanks James, will do.

Still would like to know what happened in the GUI install though. How

do I

get a log or something saved so that I can troubleshoot that? Would

REALLY

like to file a bugzilla entry or solve it myself.