Re: Win VNC client not connecting to FC2 VNC server

Frank,

Frank Rehwinkel wrote:

Found that if I disable the firewall completely, via

  system-config-securitylevel

the vncviewer from the WinXP box works.  Can someone
point me to a description of the firewall features
in FC2 (or at least for FC1) so I can see what needs
to be done to keep open the vnc tcp ports (5900+)
while
having the firewall otherwise enabled?

I had the same problem. Decided to edit /etc/sysconfig/iptables (after making a backup first). I just duplicated the line for port 80 and changed the 80 to a 5901. Now everything works just fine.

Of course it would be more secure to tunnel the VNC session over ssh, but if you aren't worried about security (all on your local LAN), this should help.

--

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own