Re: feedback to NVidia [was: Nvidia Drivers]

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 15:06, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> --=-sqIAtol2bmoZ6nqPLtS9
>
> On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 13:27 +0100, Frederic Soulier wrote:
> l=20
> re
> >=20
> > How do I do that?
>
> Write to them demanding. Promise not to buy another card from them that
> doesn't support Free Software (either by not providing specs or Free
> Software drivers).

I have no right to demand anything to nVidia. I bought their product
freely, nobody forced me. The reason I bought their product is that they
are supporting their linux driver quite well and I'm therefore able to
get 3D performance on par with windows.

99%+ (a guess) of their income comes from people buying their cards for
a Windows box. Why would they surrender to a bunch a zealots who are
demanding for free stuff all the time?!?!

Let nVidia maintain their linux driver properly and maybe with time
they'll warm up to the open source idea maybe when linux has a 5% market
share on the desktop it'll make more sense to them I don't know.

--
Frederic Soulier <frederic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>