Re: OT: network problem (speed) *FIXED*

thanks for the suggestions guys.. have managed to fix the problem by replacing the NIC with a spare...

I still don't know *why* is suddenly starting running slowly (or thinking it was only 10mb) but I remembered that before I'd moved the machine to the other room I'd also done an dist-upgrade.. and there was a new kernel.. i tried booting back to the old kernel but that didn't fix things.. so not sure whether even that was a problem..

anyways.. its now got a 8139 based card in there and all is well again...

seeing as this is the backend server for my mythtv system.. was getting antsy cos I couldn't watch TV.. lol

thanks again guys.. and I hope your suggestions point others in the right direction for finding out possible problems..

Cheers

Craig

--
Craig Tinson

8010 Media Ltd

                                    \|||/
                                    (o o)
_ _ /: Thbbft.  |   Craig Tinson               | "The most overlooked
\'o.O;   _/     |   8010 Media Ltd             | advantage of owning a
=(___)=         |   Email: craig@xxxxxxxxxx    | computer is that if