Re: Win4Lin in FC2

John Thompson wrote:

Has anybody tried Win4Lin in FC2? There's no offical patches yet apparently, but perhaps patching a generic kernel would work.
Anybody tried this yet?

I have FC2 on a test disk with spin 2 of the NeTraverse generic 2.6 kernel and Win98SE. Spin 1 of the generic 2.6 kernel didn't work so well for me (lots of crashes) but spin 2 seems to be fairly solid.

The ntpd daemon does not start automatically and NeTraverse is looking into that problem. A workaround is to issue "modprobe capability" and then "service ntpd restart".

My experience is limited so far but I'm optimistic that the NeTraverse generic 2.6 kernel will work with FC2 nicely RSN.