Re: using gdmflexiserver

Anand Buddhdev wrote:

I have heard about gdmflexiserver, which apparently allows fast user
switching on gnome,

a really fast user-switch eg.

$ su - user
$ mozilla

somewhat like on windows XP.

lol, windows is a few years behind :-)

I'm using FC1, and I
can see the binary on my system, but there's no manual page for it,
and I can't find any documentation about it in the gnome help pages.

Could anyone be so kind as to give me pointers on how to use this
feature? It's be very useful for me, so that my partner and I can both
use the computer, each in our own language, and with our own
preferences and settings

$ Xnest :1 -query localhost (or remotehost)

$ X :1 -query localhost (or remotehost) $ gdmflexiserver :1 $ gdmflexiserver -l $ gdmflexiserver --help

you can switch between the x-servers with [alt][ctrl]F7|8]

-- shrek-m