maximum file size exceeded downloading FC2-DVD.iso

Hi,
my problem is not directly related to fedora, but
hopefully somebody will help me though with my
problem.
I tried downloading the FC2-DVD.iso image with wget.
Everything was fine until I got an error message
stating "the maximum file size exceeded".
The file got 2,147,483,647kbit which is exactly 2GB, I
think, so far.
I'm using FC1 at the moment and download to an ext3
filesystem, which should allow files bigger than 2GB.
Also tried to reset the shared memory size in
/proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
and
ulimit -a unlimited

any ideas?