Re: using gdmflexiserver

Am Di, den 25.05.2004 schrieb Anand Buddhdev um 13:03:
> Hi all,
>
> I have heard about gdmflexiserver, which apparently allows fast user
> switching on gnome, somewhat like on windows XP. I'm using FC1, and I
> can see the binary on my system, but there's no manual page for it,
> and I can't find any documentation about it in the gnome help pages.
>
> Could anyone be so kind as to give me pointers on how to use this
> feature? It's be very useful for me, so that my partner and I can both
> use the computer, each in our own language, and with our own
> preferences and settings.

Save this to /usr/share/applications/gdm-flexiserver.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Start new session
Name[de]=Neue Sitzung starten
Comment=Log in to a new session
Comment[de]=Eine neue Sitzung starten
Exec=gdmflexiserver -l
Icon=icon-launcher.png
Terminal=false
Type=Application
StartupNotify=false
Categories=GNOME;Application;Core;X-Red-Hat-Base;
X-Desktop-File-Install-Version=0.3
OnlyShowIn=GNOME;

Now you will find "Start new session" in the main menu. Have Fun!

Christoph