[fc2] cpydyn/cpuspeed

Does anyone have cpudyn working with FC2? I've installed the package from 'Dag' - but it doesn't appear to do anything (with cpuspeed daemon shutdown)

Alteratively - does anyone know how to make cpuspeed behave like
cpudyn?  I know I can make the time slice shorter (to .1 sec from the
default 2 sec) but I'd also like to get rid of the intermediate
frequency stages - and retain only the lowest and the highest.

Thanks,
Satish