Re: Mounting CD-RW in FC2?

Håkan Larsson escribió:
Hello.

If I mount my CD-RW disc as "mount -t udf /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom" or
just like "mount /dev/cdrom". I have the CD mounted in /mnt/cdrom :-)
Now the problem.
If I like to list, I do "ls -l /mnt/cdrom" I get this

[root@wl-mobil root]# ls -l /mnt/cdrom
totalt 0
?---------  ? ? ? ?           ? Analyzer
?---------  ? ? ? ?           ? cloud-charge.pdf
?---------  ? ? ? ?           ? Dsp
?---------  ? ? ? ?           ? light-det.pdf
[root@wl-mobil root]#

Analyser and Dsp is directories. The two others is just files ;-)
The disc use udf format. This worked ok in FC1 but not in FC2?
A CD-R disc is mounted ok.

Regardes Hakan

I can confirm this.
But it won't show up with every CD. I mean, I tried to mount several CD-RW discs, all UDF, all formatted with InCD (Nero Burning ROM) in Windows, and I've found just one that appears wrong in FC2.
It worked in FC1, and I can confirm it work under Knoppix 3.3, Win98 & Win2k.

I looked for a bugreport in bugzilla, but couldn't fine any.

I might open a bug myself, but I'd like if someone please could tell me if there's something to attach to the bugreport, in order to make it useful. Maybe I could "dd if=/dev/cdrom ..." something, but I don't know exactly what.

Regards,

--
Mariano