Re: Slashdotted - XP dual boot issue

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 13:26, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> > It's more than just a bad attitude.  It's a defeatist attitude.
>

> That doesn't make any sense. Leaving Windows isn't giving up on anything
> but heavy shackles.
>
> Rui

Come on. This is just plain silliness. Everyone has different tasks they
are trying to accomplish with their computers. For some people, Windows
is a necessary part of the equation.

Seriously, we talk about how Open Source Software is not just free as in
beer, but free as in freedom. That should also mean that if a person
chooses to dual-boot their system, that they are FREE to do so, despite
how we may feel about it.

Maybe we can get the list back to sharing problems and solutions instead
of pontificating about how this bug in FC2 will lead to it's demise, or
how we're being "shackled" if we want to dual-boot.