FC2: nv driver with dualhead, xinerama setup

Since I have to wait for NVIDIA to release a new driver that works with
FC2, I currently use the standard nv driver for my Geforce Ti4800 card.

I now have a nice 1600x1200 resolution on my CRT monitor, but can't get
xinerama to work. My second screen is an LCD Acer. I tried to configure
using system-config-display, and the generated xorg.conf seems to be
correct, but the Xserver refuses to start complaining about a duplicate
use of an Entity. Is it possible that the nv driver only supports a two
video card setup, but not a single card dual-head?

Another problem is that the driver seems to have trouble deciding what
monitor to use. Sometimes it will use the LCD, which doesn't work well
because the resolution is set to high, then again the correct one, the
CRT is used. Never had these problems with the proprietary drivers and
TwinView.
--
Gérard Milmeister
Tannenrauchstrasse 35