Re: Xfce and FC2 (installs, but not fully functional?)

Nicu Buculei wrote:
how am i supposed to install Xfce in FC2? (without installing everything)

i haven't spotted it in Anaconda using "custom" install, neither in system-config-packages, so the only option is to install from command line with rpm or yum, but this option is flawed because Xfce is composed from several rpm packages, some of them optional and i have no means to determine *without manual search* what packages i really need, what are their names or even on what CD are located

I copied all the xfce*.rpm files from CD4 to a directory and did an rpm -Uvh *.rpm to install XFce. It installed fine and it now appears in the session menu.

However, when I run it, I get a message window that says:
"Your window manager does not seem to support the new window manager hints as defined on http:/www.freedesktop.org. Some XFce features may not work as intended."

When I close it, the panels appear but I have a continuous hourglass cursor. The cursor will open windows when clicking on icons, but obviously I'm missing something.

Any hints will be appreciated.

Gerry Tool