yum, bittorrent port configuration

Bittorrent Newbie question:

In order to start using Bittorrent from scratch (yum), is this all I need to do:

# yum install bittorrent

followed by:

# btdownloadcurses.py --max_upload_rate 350 --url http://torrent.dulug.duke.edu/tettnang-binary-i386-iso.torrent

I keep reading about "opening ports" but when I run redhat-config-securitylevel there are no port numbers there.

I've read the Bittorrent FAQ and I know which ports are wanted, but I do not see how to do this in FC1.

The file /etc/sysconfig/iptables warns me against manual configuration and asks me to look at redhat-config-securitylevel.

I s'pose I'm asking for some hand-holding, but I've got to admit I'm hesitant about experimenting with the security level (since I *know* that I don't know what I'm doing!).

Thanks,
Clint
--
Clint Harshaw  <clint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>