Re: Upgrade or clean install

On Tue, 18 May 2004 11:42:13 -0400, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Upgrades should work fairly well, but clean installs are always nicer and,
well, cleaner. I recommend making /home a separate partition, and that way,
you can reinstall the OS without touching user data.

Thanks for all the input on this. It's pretty much the same of arguments I've heard from friends, not that I expected any earth shaking remarks. I learned a LONG time ago to have /home in a separate partition so all 8 of my linux boxes at home are setup that way. I have a test box that I've used to test the test releases and found no real major issues. I just wanted to see if anyone else had some bad experiences with it.

-- Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Mark Haney
Network, Database and Systems Administration
DoctorDirectory.com Inc.