Re: Problems with Fedora PHP and Apache

On Mon, 17 May 2004 03:50 , 'C.F. Scheidecker Antunes' <nando@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> sent:

>Hello All,
>
>I have installed some new Fedora boxes and I have noticed that when you
>run apache and try to use PHP instead of the script being run, the
>actual script is shown on the browser.
>
>I would like to know what does it have to be changed in order to make
>Apache run the PHP scripts.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>C.F.
Hello
If php is installed you'll have a file called php.conf under /etc/httpd/conf.d
whose contents are :
#
# PHP is an HTML-embedded scripting language which attempts to make it
# easy for developers to write dynamically generated webpages.
#

LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so

#
# Cause the PHP interpreter to handle files with a .php extension.
#
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

#
# Add index.php to the list of files that will be served as directory
#
DirectoryIndex index.php
"/etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf" 17L, 401C
Further, I have placed some sample scripts under /var/www/html which is the
document root for Apache.
It works.Please try and get back if you face problems.
Murali

---- Msg sent via Spymac Mail - http://www.spymac.com