FC2 installer problems

  I downloaded FC2 install discs 1-4 and the rescue CD, burned them,
checked the signature of the MD5SUM file, and checked the MD5 sums of the
CDs using dd.  All OK.  But when doing the mediacheck, disc 2 failed.
This is probably a manifestation of bug #106685, where I've reported it
(it originally affected the 2.4 kernel but also affects the 2.6 kernel).
The solution is to turn off CD DMA by starting the installer with "linux
cddma=off".  When I did this, all 5 discs passed.  I don't know if this
issue would affect the actual installation since I haven't done it yet.
  The second problem affects my 5 year old Emachines 333cs.  I tried
running the installer, but if I try anything to get past the initial
screen, it reboots and I'm back where I started.  I tried simply hitting
enter, then "linux mediacheck", "linux acpi=off apm=off", "linux
noprobe".  (The machine has a BIOS bug and needs both ACPI and APM
disabled with the 2.4 kernel, this is bug #39191.)  Is anyone else
experiencing this?  I'd rather install on the old machine first if
possible.