Re: single linux box on dsl?

Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:

I'm curious why anybody would want to do X forwarding when it seems to me
that VNC would be faster and easier, not to mention more robust (if the
network connection dies, the session is still there on the server, waiting
for me).

Am I missing something? Is X forwarding better than VNC in some way?

VNC requires root access on the server to set up. VNC is also limited to one user at a time.

It really depends on what you're trying to accomplish, I suppose.

Jeremy