Re: Fedora Core 2 on schedule?

At 12:00 5/11/2004, Tom Diehl wrote:
I would rather time be taken to get the thing out the door than worrying about
updating a web page to say we are still on skd.

Not applicable to several thousand other people who *plan* around that schedule, Tom. Also, given the size of this audience, the more professionally things are done, the better things will go and the more smoothly the community will function. Personally, I believe that if one posts a schedule one should:

1. Only post milestone points which can be clearly defined and are important.

2. Clearly note the date when each milestone is passed (and post this information, of course).

3. Post *one paragraph* of "latest news" and update it once a week or whenever a milestone is passed... whichever is more frequent.

        4. Immediately post any changes to the posted schedule.

Even if one poor sod is doing all the website maintenance, the above four points would not take him/her any longer than five minutes a week. And given the positive PR and impact on the perception of the afore-mentioned several thousand people plus magazine reviewers, other press contacts, idiots who say we'll never be a polished, business-usable operating system, et al., I should think that those four points are the *very least* the Fedora Project should complete re the posted schedule.

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com