Re: ldap: ping does not return

I just added a reply in Bugzilla to your report of this.

Here, I can get nscd to work with "host: files ldap dns", but I had to restart it after I changed nsswitch.conf.

Ok: I finally got it (hopefully):

I missed that some libldap does a reverse lookup on the
ip number in ldap.conf (or the like).

So I need to add the ldap-server in /etc/hosts avoiding
the endless loop (and nscd so ping will not stop in futex).

--
mfg
Herbert Gasiorowski