Re: ftp question

Yes, you can do that
Of course you can, this is Linux, not windoze..........  ;-)

you need to put an .htaccess file in your ftp /pub directory
it will look something like this when you vi it:

[root@blah blah] vi .htaccess

AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName Big_Brother
AuthType Basic
require user don

you have to replace the AuthUserFile with the correct path to the
.htpasswd file

replace the "require user" with the name of the user you want to allow to
log in

Hint: find the .htpasswd file that allows you to log into your machine
add 1 or all the users from that file to the .htaccess file

require user don
require user jack
require user dick

there is a good how-to located in the httpd (apache web server) section at
http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com