Re: Old farts and new Linux

Neil Chr wrote:
I know this is off topic but it would be intersting to
know how many women are on this list .. young or
old..... (I would never call a woman a old fart)..

I have been encouraging people young and old to get on
the linux movement on the island (trinidad) and its
been hard.

my sister was showing some potential but she needs MS
Access for work and she doesnt want to battle with the
steepish learning curve required with Linux

neil

I've got my sister running Linux (Red Hat 9). All she really does is surf the web, check email, and chat. Lately she's started using GNUCash for her checking account, and likes it. She was tired of having to get me to come over and fix her Windoze box everytime she got a virus, or something crashed. It's been a bit over a year now, and she can even install from RPM's (next I teach her how to compile *L*)

--
John C. Nichel
KegWorks.com