Desktop launcher

Hi everyone and thank's for this oportunity to post on this list...

I am a newbie to Linux and recently I installed Fedora core 1
I think I am sold to Linux now, even since I get small problems...
anyways, I downloaded binaries from Pingus game website, it work great when I started it from
a terminal; I CD to the folder of the game than type games/pingus than the
game start like a charm !
I tried to make a launcher many times because I want it easy start for my kids,
unsuccessful every times, what is the good method to make a launcher in the start menu and/or on the Gnome desktop ?

Thank's many time !

Tonamiben ;-)