Re: Tackling a shared USB printer (linux -> WXP)

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 11:01:21AM -0400, brions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Greetings all.
>
> I did not find any archive threads that specifically addressed the printer
> issues I'm having, so I apologize if I'm asking a commonly-asked question.

You need to say exactly what doesn't work for you:

> Configuration:
> I have a Canon S630 USB printer attached to a machine running Fedora
> Core 1 linux.  The printer works fine on the linux machine (can
> print CUPS test page w/o issue) and using the Printer GUI
> configuration tool I have enabled sharing for all hosts on my LAN.
> I also have SAMBA configured and running and am able to sucessfully
> share three directories with a Windows XP machine, a Windows 2000
> Pro machine, and a Mac iBook runing OS X.

This all looks fine.  So what doesn't work?  If IPP browsing doesn't
work, it might well be a firewall issue: try unblocking UDP port
631. (Does Windows do IPP browsing?)

If printing doesn't work at all, you might need to check
/var/log/cups/error_log to see what's up.

If you see an error message when you try to print, we'll need to see
exactly what it says.

Tim.
*/