Re: Limited Menus for non-root users

Brian Fahrlander said:

>     So I created a 'guest' account on my little LTSP server up there,
> and one of the neices was plugging away on TuxPaint or something, when
> it hit me: the menus would be a lot less complicated (and massive) if
> everything requiring root access were not displayed for non-root users.

well, i was thinking about this on saturday.  there should be a base menu
set that everyone gets, very minimal.  everything else in their menu
should be opt-in, and everything should be able to opt-out.

i should be able to edit my own program menu without having to go through
hoops.  if this wasn't a part of some guideline spec, then the people were
being purposefully lazy, pardon my rant.
\

-+(duncan brown
-+(duncanbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-+(http://www.linuxadvocate.net

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy
evidence of the fact.
                -- George Eliot