Re: BitTorrent help

> On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 00:49, d l wrote:
>> Get mldonkwy. It works, and it dun need python or X.
>
> I tried that and found it nearly impossible to use.
>
> The web interface is bizzarre, I could not connect to *any* servers.
> I finally figured out how to download a torrent manually, but it
> provides almost no information about the torrents status, and no
> bandwidth tuning abilities. I deleted it.
>
> There currently seems to be a problem with recent wxPython causing me to
> be unable to use the gui version of Shadow's BitTornado, but I'll wait
> for it to be resolved and go back to that.
>
> --
> Chris Kloiber

If you want to use the p2p networks (as I do).
use Overnet http://www.overnet.com command line client for ed2k links (the
recent version is in the forum:
http://forum.overnet.com/viewtopic.php?p=325748#325748

I use Azureus (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/) as bittorrent client, it's
java based and runs very smoothly on Fedora 1.

I run both beside eachother (on different tcp ports) behind shorewall
firewall and get great download speeds (near physical max.).

Mail me if you have any questions, I'm quite new to torrent but I'm using
the overnet cli for quitte some time now!

Regards
Martijn