Okay, I got demand-dial running, but now I can't get it to hangup on timeout

I don't know how I did it, but while dialed up using wvdial and after
tweaking some config files I pulled up the network config and there was
my modem and my modem connection. So far, so good. But now I need to
figure out how to get the modem to actually hangup when it's supposed to
after X seconds. It just keeps dialed in. Is there any way to check
what's possibly trying to access the Internet and thus keeping it dialed
up?

Preston