Re: Up2date Channels Right?

Clint Harshaw wrote:

David Cartwright wrote:

Greetings,
I have the following channel info in Fc1 Up2date:

>yum channel fedora-core-1 from http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/
>yum channel updates-released from http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/1/i386/

Are they sufficient to keep Fc1 up-to-date with everything? If not, what do I do?

Regards,
David

David:

You'll probably want to read this article:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-January/msg03379.html

Then when you finish that article, read this page:
http://fedora.artoo.net/faq/#WhereCanIGetSoftware

Those articles detail how to properly configure your yum.conf file using mirrors so that updates are much faster than using the redhat server.

Hope this helps,
Clint

Above pages read and followed I think? Results puzzling. Ran Up2Date from icon using this setup...

yum channel ibiblio-fedora-core-1 from http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/
yum channel ibiblio-updates-released from http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/updates/1/i386/

and got response /everything up-to-date./

Ran yum from terminal with following setup......

name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/

and got several hundred file returns. Why the diff responses and is my yum setup giving me file returns I shouldn't be getting?

Thanks for help
David