Re: XF86Config tool?

On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 06:58, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am So, den 02.05.2004 schrieb Jay Daniels um 14:54:
>
> > What is the XF86Config tool named in Fedora?
>
> > Or what is the proper way to reconfigure X?
>
> > jay
>
> redhat-config-xfree86
>
> It know some switches, use --help to see which.
>
> Alexander

...It's changed in Fedora Core 2 because (in part) XFree86 has been
replaced with X.org. The command has been renamed to
system-config-display.

Usage: system-config-display [OPTIONS]
  -h, --help        display this help and exit
  -v, --verbose     display what the program is doing more verbosely
  -o, --output=     the filename of the config file to be output
      --reconfig    don't base configuration on existing config files
      --noui        don't show the gui, implicit when using --set
options
      --forceui     force the ui to be shown, needed when using --set
options
                    to change some setting, but you still want to show
the ui
      --set-<key>=  change the value of a specific configuration key.

        currently supported keys are:

        resolution  the screen resolution used
        depth       the color depth in bits
                    most drivers support 8, 15, 16 and 24
        driver      the graphics card driver to use
        card        the graphics card description to use
                    e.g. 'ATI Radeon (generic)'
        vsync       monitor vertical sync rates allowed (in Hz)
        hsync       monitor horizontal sync rates allowed (in kHz)
        videoram    the amount of videoram in kilobytes, 0 means probe

The config files are also a little different. All of them are in
/etc/X11, but there are now both XF86Config and xorg.conf files to deal
with. They seem to be pretty much copies of each other. I'm assuming for
compatibility reasons.

Someone with greater knowledge than me could certainly explain this
better.

Cheers,

Chris

--