Up2date/yum doesn't seem to work

Fedora FC1.
Configured several yum repos in /etc/rhn/sysconfig/sources.

rhn-applet shows several updates pending.

up2date says "Your system is up to date".

I changed the repos in /etc/rhn/sysconfig/sources
several times but still got "Your system is up to date".

Manually running "yum check-updates" gives the same list
of updates displayed by rhn-applet.

Watching up2date with ethereal reveals that it does a
GET for header.info with an "If-modified-since" header
with a very recent timestamp.  When it receives
304 Not Modified, it appears to decide nothing's needed.

Question:

Where does up2date cache header.info, and how does it
determine the timestamp to use in the "If-modified-since"?

I suspect my header.info is 'cache poisoned' with a newer
version from a mirror that doesn't yet have the updates.

-- Jim Garrison (jhg@xxxxxxx) PGP Keys at http://www.jhmg.net RSA 0x04B73B7F DH 0x70738D88