Re: Auto invoke browser upon wvdial successful Internet connection

Bob Shaffer wrote:

This will do what you want.

#!/bin/bash

nohup wvdial 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null &

while true; do
   if [ -n "`/sbin/pidof pppd`" ]; then
       # successfully connected
       mozilla &
       exit
   fi
   if [ -z "`/sbin/pidof wvdial`" ]; then
       # wvdial failed and exited
       xmessage "Failed to connect."
       exit
   fi
   sleep 1
done

# end of script

It doesn't represent my life's work or anything, but it will work.
You can just run "killall -2 wvdial" to close the connection.

You can actually set up pppd to dial for you, and dial on demand if you
want too.  That way when you open a browser it will automatically dial for
you if you're offline.

Bob Shaffer II - Owner, Developer, System Operator - BobShaffersComputer.com
http://bobshafferscomputer.com/

/"\
\ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
X   CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
/ \

Barry Yu said:

I want to activate the Mozilla  browsing ONLY WHEN INTERNET CONNECTION
IS SUCCESSFULLY ESTABLISHED by WVDIAL, could any one advice or point me
to right place of a how-to, I am not good at script (yet), if there is
one, would really appreciate, Thanks.