Re: Fedora Core 1.B + ACL

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 08:29:53AM -0400, PIGNOL, Christian wrote:
> Well,
>
> I've found in a fedora-list archive an address where I can find a kernel
> (based on Fedora Core 1) including Posix ACL patches and so on :
> http://atrpms.net/dist/fc1/kernel/
>
> Do you know this address ? What do you think about ?

I am a bit biased. ;)
Just get the kernel and install it. Then check some acl
utilities.

Note that mounting non-acl NFS will generate funny warnings on ls -l
due to getxattr returing EIO instead of EOPNOTSUPP. These warnings are
cosmetic, and can be fixed with adding -o no-acl to the mound option,
but for that you need to patch nfs-utils.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net