Re: A reboot user

Matthew Miller wrote:

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 02:18:06PM +0100, WipeOut wrote:

Why not just shutdown remotely with ssh?

Typically I would but in the event that I can't get to the system with
SSH I have to request that the ISP's tech support go and reboot it..

In that case, it's very possible that logging in as a 'reboot' user also wouldn't work.

The reboot user would be the tech support people at the ISP who would be logging in at the console, I just don't want them to have more access than is needed.. The "ctrl-alt-del" suggestion is the best option I think I must just instruct them to do it that way..