Re: A reboot user

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Fr, den 30.04.2004 schrieb WipeOut um 14:21:

Hi,

I have a colocated server and when I have to get them to reboot it they just hit the power switch which can't be good for filesystems and databases..

Ouch! Why not let the person requested to reboot your server just pressing "Ctrl+Alt+Del"? That is by default not deactivated and will cause the system to reboot. No user permissions needed, no need for a "reboot user".

Alexander

Good point, thats far easier that my prevoius thought.. I will give them that instruction next time..

Thanks..