Re: Taming the mailing lists?

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 14:44, ne... wrote:

> >> I would suggest that the link should be at the *top* of each post,
> >> to obviate both the obstinate and the ignorant.
> >
> >A link to Netiquette (trim your lines, proper sigs, and bottom-post)
> >at the *top* of the message???
> Considering the amount of top-posters on this list, it might
> be the only way to get them to change. I suspect that since
> they top-post, they only read the top part of mail...

I would hazard a guess that they came to Linux from MS Windows where the
software defaults to top posting.  Since I have interests outside of
Linux and often post on other lists, I try to conform to the list norm.

I'm from the camp that believes there is no right answer to many of
these issues, only a guideline.  The fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx is a way to
get answers.  Many of the posters are new to Linux.  Responses to their
questions should help guide those new to Linux while gently offering up
the preferred usage (as many do.)

I would offer up that one of the netiquette should be "Don't flame
someone for misuse. Instead constructively suggest better ways to the
person."

--
Clifford Snow