Re: Taming the mailing lists?

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 17:44:00 PM -0400, ne... (akabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> >A link to Netiquette (trim your lines, proper sigs, and bottom-post)
> >at the *top* of the message???
> Considering the amount of top-posters on this list, it might
> be the only way to get them to change.

Sorry, no. The only way to get them to change is to *not* answer to
them, ever, except with polite but firm requests to stop.

>I suspect that since they top-post, they only read the top part of
>mail...

That's their problem. Why do you suggest to bore people who behave to
teach the others better manners?

Just to make things clear: sending again screenfuls of already
distributed/downloaded/paid lines is much worse than posting on the
bottom, on the top, laterally, or any combination of them.

Top posting is just one of the many things to avoid. To me, however,
asking to stop top posting by...top posting seems annoying for no
reason those who don't do it, but also one of the surest ways to make
people laugh at who does it.

Of course, you are free to try that approach. Just don't be surprised
if you are flamed to death (for top posting!) by all the other list
members.

Ciao,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

There is more to life than increasing its speed.  -- Mahatma Gandhi