Re: Booting stops with 2.6.5-Kernel

>On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 23:51, Thomas Bitschnau wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I installed a 2.6.5-Kernel via rpm. The entry in the grub.conf file was
>> done by the system.
>> If I try to start the system with the newly installed kernel, it just
>> stops booting after the "Freeing unused kernel memory: 148k
>> freed"-message.
>> There are no errors like kernel-panic or something.
>>
>> What shall I do now?
>
>If you run the 2.6 kernels on older glibc's (as provided in FC1 for eg)
>then its going to blow up unless you boot with vdso=0
>
>        Dave

Where exactly do u specifiy this paramter (vdso=0) ?
Does it have to be in the grub.conf in the "kernel" line ?
Something like
"kernel /boot/vmlinuz ro root=/dev/hda1 hdc=ide-scsi vdso=0"

And what does it do?
I was looking for a list of those commands on the net and in the grub manual
pages, but could find anything.
Do u know of any place, where I could look up all those parameters and their
meaning ?

Thanks for any help.

I accidently erased the subject line, so my first version of tis message
didnt land in the corresponding thread.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Have phun,
bit