Re: Use of software

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 09:35:45AM -0500, info wrote:
> I guess I didn't explain myself clear.......
> Is the use of this software for commercial purposes legal?
> Example: using it to advertise a small business with  web pages
> email, domain,

Oh my yes. In fact, the majority of the web runs on open source software.

Software licensed under the GPL, one of the most common Free Software
licenses, in fact _must not_ be limited in use -- someone making GPL'd
software _can't_ say that it can't be used commercially.

As an end user, you really don't need to worry about the license much at
all. It's only when you start modifying and redistributing (in source or
binary form) that you need to pay attention.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>