Re: What's going on with the list?

jludwig wrote:

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 20:22, J. Erik Hemdal wrote:

Is anyone else getting 6 copies of every message?  This is silly!
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -

No. Things are OK here on that score, but I'm not always seeing my postings getting to the list.

Erik

I'm seeing sporadic dupes and always have, my mail profile should
exclude them.
-- jludwig <wralphie@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Yesterday I had problems which caused me to have to restart downloading messages several times. Apparently (hey, what do I know?) messages aren't purged from the server until all pending messages are received, so everytime I had to restart the download, it pulled down all the messages, and I ended up with several copies of the earlier ones. Could that be the problem here? (Note that on one occasion some time ago, I think a download spontaneously restarted itself in the middle, and I got duplicate messages, but it was a while back.)
Cheers,
Gordon Keehn