Re: Best .doc opener

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:55:44PM +0100, WipeOut wrote:
> Marian POPESCU wrote:
>

> Are there any command line utilities like these for OpenOffice .sxw files?
>
> Later..

The StarOffice/OpenOffice .sx? formats are merely compressed XML. Files are
compressed in zip format. If you just need to get at the contents, you can
unzip with gzip, and read them with any text editor. It wouldn't be hard to
manipulate the uncompressed XML into anything you want, but I don't know a
utility that specifically does this. Some web browsers will open the files
since the contents are XML, but the results aren't all that great.

I don't imagine this is much help, but I thought it was worth mentioning.